Monday, July 11, 2011

Google+ May Not Be The One

On Privacy Facebook vs. Google by Facecrooks

I found this while perusing Facebook. I like the Facecrooks page because it tracks Facebook scams and updates on the ongoing issue with the Facebook privacy policy. The information they found is public to anyone, but not many people take the time to actually read the Privacy Policies on the sites we use everyday. I am guilty of as much. It's interesting that Google+ has such a scarily open policy. An easy way to explain it is to say that Google+ takes everything  you post and shares it with the world unconditionally, and can even manipulate what you share when sending it out to the world. I was excited for an alternative to Facebook because of the many issues it has, but this isn't what I was looking for. Let me know what ya'll think about this!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Google doesn't care about your privacy. Same with Chrome, Chrome OS, Google, Analytics. They control everything. Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth trying to defend yourself.

    ReplyDelete