Friday, August 26, 2011

Embarrassed much?

I can't believe it took this frigging long for someone to say they are embarrassed by Jersey Shore!!! I don't understand the obsession with the show, or why people want to look or be anything like the "quidos." I know they are people just like we are, but seriously? How can we as a country be anywhere near proud of the these people? And why is it so popular?! I am of the breed not to care too much for shows like Jersey Shore, Big Brother, Survivor, etc. so I suppose I am impartial. I just don't understand how humanity has dropped so low that we find it entertaining to watch the drunken, psychotic, emotional, and dysfunctional exploits of others. I find it extremely hilarious that Abercrombie & Fitch is basically saying "Please stop embarrassing us!" I can't wait for the cast to respond to the offer, who wouldn't take it? I would love to get paid NOT to do something!!!

For your viewing pleasure here is CBS News on Abercrombie & Fitch's offer to The Situation and the cast of Jersey Shore NOT to wear their clothing.

9 comments:

  1. haha that is too funny, personally think they are both an embarrassment, and definitely each both denote the end of western civilization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jersey shore is terrible, geordie shore is even worse. I'm just waiting to see what the next incarnation of these awful shows will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah. well that's interesting. I wonder how much The Situation's negative image is actually affecting A&F's sales. Personally, I've never seen Jersey Shore. And I count myself lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd pay the jersy shore people not to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahah i dont get surprised easily, but this has to be a first for me. Never heard something like that. It makes a lot of sense though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I don't know about this generation. The TV we watch is crap, and don't even get me started on the music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned about existence of some overly tan obnoxious people from South Park.

    ReplyDelete